About R&R Custom Homes
A unique blend of expertise in home building, real estate and design.
Led by a pair of longtime industry professionals, R&R delivers custom home solutions. We work with you through the entire process – choosing a site, acquiring property, designing your home, financing your project, and managing high quality construction, while ensuring elegance, craftsmanship and value.
Our projects are a special partnership in which we work together with homeowners and business partners while guided by our environmental sensitivities and civic-mindedness. Every customer shares our deep appreciation for exquisite craftsmanship and attention to detail. Like us, they know these things cannot be mass-produced.
We create long-lasting relationships with our customers. Our customers become our friends.
We look forward to working with you.
- Native Washingtonian and fourth-generation real estate entrepreneur with more than 25 years in homebuilding and development.
- Former Owner of Alliance Homes, a multiple award-winning custom homebuilder and remodeler.
- Former Vice President for a large regional development and building company, Builder of the Year, and winner of multiple Finest For Family Living, Monument, and Major Achievement in Marketing Excellence awards.
- Past President, Maryland Building Industry Association, local affiliation of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), serving Maryland and District of Columbia.
- Founding Member of Renewing Montgomery, a communications initiative on home construction issues in established neighborhoods.
- Former Member of Montgomery County’s Affordable Housing Task Force and the Maryland-National Capital Parks & Planning Commission’s Forest Conservation Task Force.
- Former Director of the Home Builders Care Foundation, a foundation that focuses on shelter-related projects.
- President - Congressional Country Club, 2016 & 2017.
- Former Board of Trustees - Mater Dei School.
- Executive Committee - Shepherd Foundation, a not-for-profit providing tuition assistance for families in the Archdiocese of Washington.
- Maryland Real Estate Salesperson License, 18 years
- Graduate of the University of Maryland with a BS in Finance.
- 30 years of experience in residential construction, land development, design and planning, specializing in one-of-a-kind custom homes.
- A registered architect in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia - 25 years.
- Former Executive Vice President and Partner of Porten Homes, a regional homebuilding and land development company.
- Principal architect for Ray Sobrino Associates, a full service architectural firm in Rockville, Maryland specializing in residential design throughout the mid-Atlantic states.
- Active member of the Maryland-National Capital Building Industry Association; former member of the Board of Directors and Custom Builders Council.
- Member of the Potomac Valley Chapter of the American Institute of Architects and a former member of their board.
- Board Director of Carderock Springs Swim & Tennis Club.
- Graduate of The Catholic University of America in Washington, DC and lives in Bethesda with his wife Liz and their three daughters Jessie, Alex and Trisha.